Saturday, March 28, 2009

The End

Overall, I sort of like this book. When I first started it, I hated the way it was written. It took me a few chapters before I started to really like how the book was written. I got absorbed in the story and couldn't put down the book. I was very intrigued by Changez's character and wanted to know what he would do with his life. At first I really liked his character and how he responded to certain everyday situations. Near the end of the book I just saw Changez as an arrogant character that gets upset at the things that go wrong, but never does anything to try and change them. His relationship with Erica was so boring because Changez never initaited anything to happen, but obviously wanted something to happen. I also thought that more emphaisis should be put on the point that the American is going to kill Changez before it actually happens.  On the cover, there is a quote about how "thrilling" this book is, but I never really felt thrilled while reading it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment